A special design contest was held earlier this year as part of Tamiya's Mini 4WD 25th Anniversary Project. Legions of Mini 4WD fans throughout Japan responded to this unique opportunity to submit their designs, all hoping that theirs would be the one chosen for production as a future Mini 4WD car. After reviewing the large number of spectacular designs, the Savanna Leo was chosen as the winner. It was penned by 22 year old Hidemasa Komatsu, a university student studying automotive design. His concept was based on returning to the roots of Mini 4WD,which he felt was about experiencing the power and speed of the Mini 4WD racing along the ground. This led to the image of the vast expanse of the African savanna, and specifically the power and grace of the lion.
- Assembly kit 3-piece detachable MS chassis with mid-mounted motor.
- Features the durable N-02 nose unit.
- All-new body design is distinctive and can be easily mounted on other MS chassis.
- Large dish wheels and 16mm rollers help provide stable high-speed performance.
- 4:1 gear ratio matched with the included Type 130 motor.
- No glue/cement required for easy assembly.
- Requires two R6/AA/UM3 alkaline batteries (sold separately).
- Battery: 2AA
- Paint: Optional
- Misc. Items: Basic building tools
JR Savanna Leo