Tamiya presents the Russian Medium Tank T-55 of which about 10,000 units, including T-54, that served as a base for its development, and derivatives were produced during the Cold War era as a 1/35 scale plastic model. Every characteristic of this tank, low-profile hull, and compact hemispherical turret, powerful main gun, has been accurately reproduced. Details such as welding lines, cast iron appearance, 12.7mm anti-aircraft machinegun and protective cover on tank commander have been crisply molded. This historically important tank is a must-have for any post WWII era tank collector.
T-55 production began in 1958, as opposition between western countries and the Soviet Union grew. It was easy to produce and featured an oblique front hull wall, a compact hull and a semi-spherical turret to limit vulnerability. The T-55 was also well armed with a 100mm main gun. In the early 60's, the T-55A with anti-radiation internal liner and anti-radiation cover on the tank commander cupola was developed. T-55 and T-55A were also license built by Czechoslovakia and Poland and some received various improved equipment resulting in many sub-types. T-55 production continued until the late 70's and equipped the armies of over 40 countries. It was used in various wars such as the Middle-East Wars and the Gulf War and is still in service today in some countries.
- Tamiya presents the 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit of the Russian Medium Tank T-55A.
- The unique form of this tank has been accurately replicated.
- You can choose between several versions, with or without a DShK-M anti-aircraft machinegun, of the T-55 and T-55A.
- You will also be able to represent Polish or Czechoslovakian built versions.
- Every characteristic of the T-55A such as the engine grills and external fuel tanks has been reproduced down to the finest details.
- One tank crew chief figure and decals for 5 different markings are included.
Soviet Tank T-55