Following the release of our 1/48 Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.B, this model reproduces the popular Ausf.G version. Kit includes choice of two types of main gun as well as parts to depict either cast-type Saukopf (Sows Head) gun shield, or normal welded type mantlet.
About the Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G Saukopf The most numerous version of the StuG III, over 7800 type G guns were produced between December 1942 and April 1945. The early G-type had a welded-type gun mantlet, while an 80mm thick cast Saukopf gun mantlet was added in February 1944. The superstructure was redesigned and an MG42 machine gun with shield, commander's vision cupola and smoke dischargers were also added. Armed with a more powerful, long barreled 75mm L/48 gun, the Ausf.G was assigned the role of a tank destroyer rather than that of an assault gun. The StuH type-42 variant mounted a 105mm howitzer on the StugG III Ausf.G chassis and was developed to fulfill the StuG III's original role of infantry support.
About the Model
- 1/48 assembly model of the Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G, with newly molded upper body to accurately depict type Gs redesigned superstructure
- Extra parts allow choice of Ausf.Gs distinctive cast-type gun mantlet or normal welded type
- Kit includes 75mm L/48 gun
- Die-cast lower hull for extra weight and enhanced realism
- Kit includes 1 commander figure (torso)
- Choice of 4 sets of markings (planned)
Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G - 1/48 Saukopf